May 17, 2009

tiger stripes

We are gearing up for "The Greatest Show on Earth".  I have known for a few weeks that E will be a tiger.  She assured me that all costumes were hand made in class after I blurted, "Do you need a costume?"
One week ago I learned that the *masks* were made in class.  Tigers should wear "clothes that look like a tiger" but "No one should go to any special effort."  Excuse me?  

I purchased two orange t-shirts in an effort to simply this mattter for our family and the other tiger's family.  I excitedly called the other tiger's father, who tells me that they had a leftover toddler sized tiger costume that should still fit the other tiger.  Oh dear.  My child may not look quite as snazzy in an orange t-shirt next to the professionally made tiger outfit.  I google "child tiger costume", email all my local friends and hold my breath.  

Colleen immediately replies and DELIVERS this darling costume to me.  Problem solved.  Life is easy.  Until the other tiger's father leaves a message that the toddler costume is actually a lion costume and entirely too small.  "We are in with the orange t-shirts."
Which is how I ended up painting black stripes on two orange t-shirts from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. tonight.

Mission accomplished.  Sweet dreams, everyone.  Photos to come from the Greatest Show on Earth.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is very creative. I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete