May 10, 2009

happy feet

Weeks ago E announced her intent to wear high heeled white sandals to the upcoming kindergarten graduation.  The adorable and age appropriate clog sandals ordered from a children's clothing catalog were immediately rejected.  "I want high *heels*, not high heels and toes.  These are high all the way across the bottom plus I did not pick them out."  The determination of a six year old to select her own high heeled sandals is disconcerting but there are bigger issues in the world so we struck out to see what the market offers.  Everything at Stride Rite Shoes was European branded, flat heeled and unacceptable.  

Presenting the last pair of high heeled white sandals available at Marshall's that just so happened to be E's size...  


You have never seen a child so happy.  She gave them a test run in the grocery store, dancing and tapping her way through every aisle.  
Miss Priss working on her pedicure.
Special note to my sister:  We'll be sure to take care of them because I know you want both your girls to wear them, too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Elizabeth, I know you love the shoes. How grown up they must make you feel! Do not get too old to sit in Nana's lap!

    ReplyDelete